The Blog

juvenile delinquentFor most parents, trouble with your children is one of the biggest worries you may have. When your child is accused of a crime, you likely are highly emotional, stressed, and concerned. In addition, your child may be facing significant penalties, some of which could potentially affect him or her for years to come.  Fortunately, an attorney experienced in juvenile delinquency cases can help you through every step of your child’s case and will work for the best outcome possible.

Common Juvenile Charges

Some of the most common criminal charges that juveniles may face include the following:

  • Shoplifting
  • Vandalism
  • Assault and battery
  • Joyriding
  • Underage drinking

These juvenile offenses come with potentially serious penalties, such as time in a juvenile detention center, fines, probation, and more. Furthermore, for certain crimes, Virginia prosecutors may charge your child as an adult. In such cases, your child could face time in state prison and have felony convictions on his or her permanent record. An experienced attorney can negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or even eliminate the possible consequences your child may face.

In addition to the punitive consequences of juvenile offenses, the juvenile courts will often examine your family situation to see if improper parenting contributed at all to your child’s alleged delinquency. Under some circumstances, parents lose their parental rights after their child is charged with a crime and the child must enter the foster system. A juvenile lawyer can not only handle the criminal side of your child’s case, but also any implications on your parenting rights.

Juvenile courts have different rules and procedures than regular courts of law, therefore you always want to make sure you have an attorney who knows how to navigate the juvenile legal system to get the best result possible for your child and your family.

Contact a Virginia juvenile lawyer for assistance today

If your child has been arrested or charged with any type of offense, your first step should be to contact a lawyer who has experience handling juvenile cases. Do not risk any negative effects on your child’s future by trying to handle a case yourself. Instead, call the Law Office of Raymond B. Benzinger at (703) 312-0410 or visit this website.

The Law Office of Raymond B. Benzinger
About The Author

There are no comments yet, but you can be the first

Comments are closed.

Copyright 2013 GoodChoice - Company. Design by OrangeIdea