Virginia Family Law Lawyer
Broad Experience in Family Law
Attorney Raymond B. Benzinger offers the wisdom that only comes from long experience. He views your case from many perspectives to fully protect your interests while striving for a positive solution for all involved.
The Law Office of Raymond B. Benzinger covers all aspects of divorce and family law, serving clients in Fairfax, Arlington and surrounding northern Virginia.
Exclusive Focus and Unique Experience
Mr. Benzinger focuses solely in family law. Whether your case is resolved out of court or through litigation, his broad background is a distinct advantage:
• 25-plus years of private practice — Raymond Benzinger has helped thousands of individuals and couples resolve disputes over property division, alimony, child custody and child support. It’s likely that he has handled cases similar to yours, but he will provide a solution that addresses your specific situation.
• Judicial thinking — Mr. Benzinger serves in pro bono capacities that enable him to anticipate how a judge would rule and consider problems from all angles. He is appointed by the Fairfax Circuit Court as a Neutral Case Evaluator, suggesting resolutions before cases come to court. He also serves as a Motions Conciliator in juvenile court and circuit court in Fairfax County and Juvenile Court in Prince William County, helping to resolve specific disputes so proceedings can move forward.
• Your child’s perspective — As a volunteer Guardian Ad Litem, Mr. Benzinger advises the court on the best interests of the child in contested matters in which the adults may be preoccupied with their own emotions and agendas. He applies these insights when clients are working out the details of custody and visitation.
• Advanced law degree — Raymond Benzinger holds an LL.M. in business law, giving him a deeper understanding of contract law. This is a benefit to clients in drafting their documents and enforcing their rights.
• Appellate experience — Mr. Benzinger can file an effective appeal of an unfavorable ruling.
A Resolution-Minded Approach
Mr. Benzinger favors legal solutions that avoid a costly and contentious court battle. Settlements are less expensive, less time-consuming and markedly less stressful. Especially when children are involved, an uncontested divorce or mediated agreement is usually less traumatic for them.
Of course, there are times when litigation is unavoidable. Raymond Benzinger is a skilled and aggressive trial lawyer who enables you to stand your ground and force a fair and reasonable resolution.
Contact the Law Office of Raymond B. Benzinger, P.C., in Fairfax. Mr. Benzinger personally handles his cases from initial consultation to final resolution.